New Movement Quality Masterclass
Movement Quality Masterclass: Connecting Movement Health to Quality of Life
15-16 October 2016, London, UK
With Mark Comerford and Lincoln Blandford
This 2-day workshop is perfect for all those who deliver and manage movement as part of their client and patient experience.
The key focus of the 2 days is to link movement impairment to quality of life, targeting both assessment and retraining. The practical application of movement management will target individual presentations.
The optimisation of Movement Health is now recognised as being fundamental in attaining and maintaining quality of life.
Functional movement patterns will be explored with regard to symptoms, activities and musculoskeletal presentations. Explore the difference between observation of functional movement and movement control testing. Targeted and structured retraining will focus on the specific impairments identified in the assessment. A ‘Movement Management Model’ will be presented that allows practitioners to efficiently organise the relationships between synergists, restrictions and compensatory movements in a clinical setting.
Practitioners will gain skills in relating movement patterns seen in function to movement impairments and help their clients and patients. These two-days will help you to help your clients move better, feel better and do more.
Programme will include:
- Why ‘Movement Health’ supports quality of life
- Observing functional movements of the upper and lower quadrant to identify movement patterns and support reasoning process with movement control tests
- Rationale for and application of movement management model
- Aligning assessment findings and retraining strategies to current literature
By the end of the 2-days participants will be able to:
- Identify the importance of Movement Health to a sustained and desirable quality of life
- Demonstrate an ability to observe and interpret the range of differing muscle synergies employed during functional movement
- Discuss the differences between observing function and testing control of movement
- Explain the rationale behind and efficiently apply the movement management model
- Apply evidence based retraining strategies to resolve identified issues
This course is designed for Physiotherapists, Pilates Teachers, Osteopaths, Chiropractors, Manual Therapists, Sport Therapists and Rehabers.
Come on this 2 day clinic-ready, skill-based course and be able to apply evidence-based retraining strategies to manage muscle synergies.
Interpreting muscle synergies in movement
Exploring the differences between observing function and testing control of movement
Contact us to book on!
TEL: +44 (0)3301 234233
For more details and to enquire about booking on to this seminar click here
- TPM Active - its the sign of movement health
- New USA Clinics join TPM Pro and train in Manhattan
- Running at the TPM Network - A business and technical perspective
- How does TPM Active deliver improved movement outcomes?
- New TPM Pro member - The Poynton Spine Care Institute featured in The Irish Times
- Multi-joint testing - it is all about the individual
- Injury Prevention
- Kinetic Control
- Kinetic Control Education
- Kinetic Control Movement Therapists
- Mark Comerford
- Movement Analysis
- Movement Control
- Movement Control Impairments
- Movement Efficiency
- Movement Health
- Movement Matters
- Review 2012
- Review 2013
- Review 2014
- Review 2015
- Success Stories
- TPM Active
- TPM Elite
- TPM Network
- TPM Pro
- The 2018 Movement Conference
- The Foundation Matrix
- Who Uses TPM
- injury prevention